I am currently CEO and co-founder of influx.com.
Influx gives its clients an authentic and intelligent team of support agents to answer help desk tickets 24 x 7 x 365.
I began investing in startups in 2000. Here’s what I’m currently involved with:
- seed investor, 99designs.com - the #1 marketplace for crowdsourced graphic design
- seed investor, flippa.com - the #1 place in the world to buy and sell web sites
- seed investor, guessbox.io - B2B lead generation
- seed investor, hired.com - a marketplace for recruitment
- investor, ingogo.com.au - an Australian Taxi booking and payments company
- seed investor, marketengine.com - end-to-end access to chinese ecommerce for english-language retailers
- investor, sendle.com - parcel delivery for small business
- seed investor, sitepoint.com - a popular resource site for web developers and designers
- investor, stripe.com - a payment processing company
- seed investor, tzukuri.com - a wearable tech company whose first product is “the world’s first unlosable pair of sunglasses”
- co-founder and chairman, Startup Victoria
In 2013 I received the CSIRO Benson Entrepreneur Award.
I studied computer science at the University of Melbourne (BSc Hons, 1985). After University I became a freelance software engineer, and worked 1992-96 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Things I used to be involved with:
- developer, zindus - an open-source contact sync addon for mozilla Thunderbird, now end of life.
- the Internet Society of Australia
- serel - open-source software to help computers boot faster (defunct)
- founder of Zeo, acquired in 1999 by what is now SMS Management and Technology (ASX:SMX).
- wavedigital.com.au, exited July 2013.
- elto.com, a marketplace connecting business owners and web developers, exited to GoDaddy in Apr 2015.